This is an overview of how our cart optimizer works. Please note that this article is applicable at the time of writing, however, we are continuously reviewing and optimizing our optimizer.
We automatically optimize your cart and allocate sellers based on cost and constraints; our optimizer favors the buyer by minimizing costs as much as possible while meeting all relevant constraints.
- Line item costs - the price paid for each product
- Shipping costs - the total amount paid for the delivery of all products
- The cost of the entire cart, including shipping fees
- Minimum order value (MOV) - items may have different minima
- Unit size - items may sell in different pack quantities
Unsuccessful cart optimization
Sometimes, we cannot optimize and allocate sellers to the items in your cart. Unsuccessful optimization can occur for the following reasons.
We do not have the amount of an item you want available; please see the below example.
- Buyer cart: 1,000x Branded lipsticks
- Our inventory: 75x Branded lipsticks
- Result: We will not try to optimize or process this product as the difference is too significant
An item in your cart does not meet its minimum order quantity; please see the below example.
- Buyer cart: 2x Branded lipstick
- Branded lipstick minimum quantity: 40x
- Result: We will not optimize or process this product as the increase is too significant
Your cart contains niche products or products from a single brand or category; please see the below example.
- Buyer cart: 100 stock keeping units (SKUs) from one brand, averaging five units per SKU
- Available cart: 100 SKUs from the same brand, averaging twenty units per SKU
- Result: Unable to optimize. Niche SKUs or brands may not be available for wholesale or may have limited quantities.
Fixing an unsuccessful cart optimization
We recommend the below steps to rectify an unsuccessful cart optimization.
- Increase item quantities of items with a quantity less than ten
- Reduce item quantities of items with a quantity of over fifty
- Remove niche products or brands
If you require further assistance, do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.